Video advertising is huge and we’ve already seen how readers are over-distracted and they prefer to watch videos instead of reading long content. This post is about why you should integrate videos in your blog.
Well, here is the first thing to say: if your traffic is highly qualified you won’t have any retention problem and your readers will probably enjoy their time on your website.
But you need to think in the long run and on the upcoming competition. Every day new posts are published, new bloggers are arising and new marketing tools are catching on.
New media and way to explore content
At the beginning of the web era, everybody said that people don’t want to read content online and so, creating blog posts or long form articles was a waste of time. But time showed this wasn’t true and people are now passing hours staring their smartphones screens.
The good thing is that there’s always someone reading your content, the bad is that media and content consumption is changing. Images are playing a vital roles and videos are the most engaging way you can use to interact with your public.
The incredible success of Instagram, combined with the opportunity to film and post short videos, is the proof that we want to see news and content fast. Facebook and YouTube are the second and third most visited websites in the world and videos ads are now a new cash-cow for Facebook.
Furthermore new social as Meerkat and Periscope, live streaming video services, have opened new media channels and a great opportunity for v-bloggers and influencers to communicate with their followers.
Why you should integrate videos in your blog
Videos are the most engaging tool you have to share your message. It’s demonstrated that videos grab the attention better than any other content. Here are some things to consider:
- If you integrate videos in your blog, you will also increase the time people spend on your website, with benefits from a SEO point of view.
- Focus on quality and engage a genuine relationship with your public
- When you embed a video, always create a brief post describing the content
- Ask questions and invite for a CTA (call to action)
- If you are using YouTube, be sure to make it easy for your public to follow you and subscribe to your channel
Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video – Business2Community
Here are some benefits if you integrate videos on your blog:
- As said, visitors will stay longer on your blog
- Your public will know you “in person” and you can strength your relationship with them
- Videos are more engaging and more easy to consume
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world
- People can also listen to you and do other things in the meantime, as running, driving etc.
- Integration in a blog post is easy and you’ll have a better chance to increase your views
It’s been a while since I am thinking to start creating videos and one of the downside is time. You can create good videos even without fancy effects, but editing usually takes a lot of time. For example, you can start with screen cast videos.
What do you think? Are you using videos effectively for your blogging or marketing strategy?