Have you ever thought you are wasting your money in Facebook ads without significant results?
Are you upset about the weak reach your Fan Page has?
Don’t worry you are not alone! Actually, for EdgeRank Checker Facebook’s reach is dramatically dropped. For example:
For the typical Page on Facebook in March 2014:
- Organic Reach per Fan = 6.51%
- Fan Reach per Fan = 6.46%
- Viral Reach per Fan = 0.99%
- Feb 2012 = 16%
- Sep 2013 = 12.60%
- Nov 2013 = 10.15%
- Dec 2013 = 7.83%
- Mar 2014 = 6.51%
But is this for all the types of Fan Page? No. Actually categories such as artists, musicians, entertainers, movies are experiencing average Organic Reach well above their news feed competitors like retail, clothing, bank, appliances and small businesses.
This study has involved over 1,000 Pages that posted nearly 50,000 times.
But you probably already know that and during the last months thousands of blog posts have been published about the topic. The core point of this post is not that and Facebook just wants you to pay to reach back again your audience.
So the question is: How can you grow your Facebook audience without wasting a lot of money?
I have recently read an interesting post on Digital Information World about how you increase the chance to better target your fan base.
The best way to gain more Facebook Page Likes is by targeting people who have:
1. Signed up for your mailing list
2. Visited your website
3. Used your mobile app
You can transform wasted web traffic into a custom audience. Follow the steps below:
- Go to “Ads Manager” and click on “Power Editor”
- Download account to “Power Editor”
- Click the drop down menu and select “Audiences”
- Select “Custom Audiences”
Now, there are different kinds of custom audiences:
- A data file custom audience where you can upload a list of emails, phone numbers, Facebook IDs or mobile advertisers IDs.
- MailChimp, where you can link your MailChimp account
- A custom audience from your Mobile App, where you can target people who take specific actions in your app (add items to shopping cart, rated your app..)
- Custom Audience from your website: this one will includes everyone who visits your website or even specific pages.
The last one, a Custom Audience from your website, is the one I prefer because it allows you to focus on people highly targeted and already interested in your products or content.
For example, if you have a blog, you can target on Facebook people who have already visited one of your posts and they will be more likely to become your Fan.This is a very effective way to grow your Facebook audience without wasting money.
If you select this option, here is what you need to do next:
- Create a custom pixel: it takes seconds and you just need to validate it
- Place your custom audience pixel on every page of your website or just on the pages you want to track:
- Verify if you have correctly placed the code inside your website.
If you have problems with these steps visits Facebook’s help guide here
After these steps, you can now create a new campaign based on your needs. If you want people to like your Facebook Fan Page choose “Page Likes” or “Page Post Engagement” if you want your audience to engage with a particular post.
This technique is perfect to re-target people who visited your ecommerce and invite them to like your Fan Page or return to visit a certain page on your store online.
You can see the entire infographic here.
If on one hand is true that once your fans like your fan page you might experience the reach problem, on the other hand you are running a campaign and paying Facebook anyway. So your reach will be higher than normal.
-> SEE ALSO: 6 TOOLS TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
What do you think? Have you tried this technique to grow your Facebook audience?
If you think it helped you, share it with a friend, colleague or… just share it! 🙂